Video: What Exactly IS a Life Coach?!
We all need a little help sometimes, especially when it comes to journeys of self-discovery. Those babies can have some pretty crazy twists and turns, and having an expert guide and support system to help you find your way can be an incredible resource.
Whether your goal is to be more confident or to fulfill a passion project, it can be tough to figure out how to get from point A (identifying a goal) to point B (actually going after and achieving that goal). That’s where a life coach comes in. A life coach is someone who can help you identify strengths and weaknesses and overcome obstacles holding you back.
I recently hosted a webinar for the TruWealth community with three incredible life coaches who helped us un-pack what life coaching is all about. We had an amazing conversation that really helped clarify exactly what life coaching is, and how it can help us all. We’re sharing it here for you to access without any cost, so you can watch it in your own time.
Our Life Coaching Experts
Watch the webinar below, then be sure to scroll down for a short summary of the key-takeaways from the session.
How do I know it’s time to hire a life coach?
- You’re feeling stuck, or you keep coming back to the same conversations and questions
- Your go-to strategy when something isn’t going your way is to do more, but this strategy isn’t working anymore
- When you want things to change, even if you aren’t sure what exactly you want
- You’re looking for sustainable high performance and you don’t have a sounding board
- You need help finding inner wisdom
- Look for someone who will hold you accountable to goals
- Consider how task-oriented you are and whether you would want your coach to take a similar approach
- Look for someone you can trust and be sure to do a gut check!
- Ask coaches what their approach is and what time commitment is expected of you; there are lots of options from 12 weeks to a year or more
- Every coach takes their own path
- It’s important to look at what coaches did before they became coaches
- Ask yourself: Do you identify with the life your coach has created for themselves?
- Think of this as an investment in yourself
- It’s an investment of energy, time, and money
- Most coaches offer a free session to get to know them; take advantage of this to help you find the best match for you
- Prices can vary from $1000 per month, to a few hundred per session. Be sure to find a time frame and an investment level that is right for your situation
- Decide how you’re going to show up in the world today, before even getting out of bed
- Create a well-being checklist to guide your days
- Having a routine where routine is possible
- Meditate and eat healthy
- Feel your feelings - allow your feelings
- Creating a “Self-List” in addition to your Work and Home Lists to make sure you are intentional about taking care of yourself
- When you feel off, take a piece of paper and write a list of all the bad feelings
- When you’re done, delete or throw away the note
- Ask yourself: How do I want to keep feeling today?
- Deeper, heavier things that deal with the past
- Understanding the circumstances
- You’re functioning and you’re OK but looking for more or something different
- Changing the circumstances
Show Up for Yourself, Today and Every Day
If you have any questions regarding the webinar, or would like to discuss how working with a life coach or financial planner could help you, then please get in touch.Live a wealthy life, friends.