After years of managing not only my own finances but those of wealthy clients, I have come to learn that there are four key types of wealth that encompass our lives as a whole: financial, social, time, and physical.
How you spend your days is the ultimate realization of wealth. Are you healthy, happy and able? Do you have time to spend doing the things you love with those you care about most? Do you live to work, or work to live?
If you are experiencing a little inertia, and feel like your physical and financial health could benefit from some improvement, then rest easy, friend. I have just the thing for you.
I recently held a webinar with a panel of experts to share fresh ideas on improving two of the four types of wealth - your health and your money. We talked, we laughed, and we shared a stack load of amazing ideas to help get you on the path to healthy living. And better yet, we recorded it all on video to share with you here.
Your Team of Health and Wealth Experts:
- Nutrition Master: Hannah Holzum
- Fitness Guru: Amanda Barnes-Tolson
- Financial Wizard: Katie Swanson, CPA
- Investment Ninja: Yours truly
Myself and this fabulous team of panelists will leave you with a few simple strategies for jump-starting your physical and financial wealth improvement program.
Watch the webinar below, then be sure to scroll down for an overview of some of the actionable ideas you can implement to immediately improve your health and wealth.
Actionable Ideas to Improve Your Health and Nutrition
- Start someone. Anywhere. Just start with a walk for 10 minutes.
- Start with accountability and commitment you can make to yourself for improvements you want to make in your health.
- Find team members that can give you coaching and encouragement.
- Don't do “cheap” when it comes to your food choices.
- Diet plans focused on “restricting” and taking things away are not as powerful as those that instead ask, “What can I add that is good”
- Challenge yourself to add more fruits and vegetables and you will notice you are not eating the junk in the afternoon (because you’re not hungry for it).
- Remember if you have a setback, today's a new day. Don't wait until Monday to “restart”. Don't wait until January. Just keep moving forward.
- Don't start a diet that has an end date on it. Focus on changes that are sustainable and life-long.
- Don't use soda (aka devil juice) as hydration. You wouldn’t water your plants with it.
- If an exercise trend is getting you excited enough to exercise more, then go for it.
- There's a big difference between processed carbohydrates and natural carbohydrates.
- A balanced diet is one of the best ways to prevent disordered eating habits in the future for your family.
- It's about what you put in your body and what your body is telling you.
- Get some sleep!
Actionable Ideas to Improve Your Personal and Business Wealth
- Create a budget to invest in yourself. Take at least 5% of your gross income and go to a nutritionist or an exercise coach or buy a gym membership.
- You don't only need accountability in the fitness space. You also need that with your finances and business planning to make sustainable changes.
- Make sure you have a plan that looks at the “worst case scenario” to prepare you if things don’t go according to plan.
- Stop measuring wealth by the cash in your bank today, and instead focus on what you are building and where you are going.
- Stop obsessing over market gyrations and focus on what you have control over (hint: that is not the market).
- There is a tendency to focus too much on metrics and numbers and not enough on loving your customer (more than you love your products or service).
- When talking about wealth and money with your family, focus on your “values” and not just your “valuables”.
Build a Healthier Future
If you have any questions regarding the webinar, or would like to discuss ways to improve your financial health in more detail, then please get in touch.
Live a wealthy life, friends.